Unemployment in Pakistan is increasing with the passage of time. It is worst problem for all over the world. PK men and women are continuously suffering this depression called unemployment. In Pakistan, lots of students move to abroad for work after getting higher degrees from different institutions. Pakistan is the richer country from the numerous of natural resources that are not being used with proper manner since Pakistan came into being on the map of the world. Pakistani people are considered very talented and intelligent in all over the world. Dr, Abdul Qadeer Khan, Irfah Kareem and Mlala Yousaf are bright examples to show the best caliber of Pakistan before the world. But mostly people are unemployed they do not find any proper framework to utilized their skills for the progress of the country that is why the huge amount of talent is lost.
Unemployment Rate by Graphically in PK:
This graph shows that, in 2010 to 2011, the unemployment rate decreased even it became up to 5.6 the lowest value, but after that we observe in 2012-14 that the unemployment rate increased dramatically. This was the period of election campaigns in the country, so that time there were not created jobs opportunities for people. After changing the Government we find out that the unemployment rate was going to decreases uniformly, as government ruled and took action to overcome unemployment.
Now we observe that in 2016 it became the ratio of 5.9, so that is good news even we can say it will be decreased more as in this year (2017) government announced lots of jobs in different field such as education department etc.
Major Causes of Unemployment in PK
There are numbers of causes of unemployment few of them are taken under discussion with their solution.
Unemployment in Pakistan came up for last five years because of terrorism that is not the only problem for Pakistan it is the name of the worst destruction for all living people around the world. According to the current figures it has been one of the most affected parts of the subcontinent for last few years, as a result, many investors do not like to invest their money in Pakistan, so growth rate declined up to enough extent that is why terrorism is one of the core cause of unemployment in Pakistan.
It has been noticed that many factories had closed owing to suicide explosion, where lots of people work to earn money for their lives, because of explosion so many people unemployed, on the other hand, production of different things went to low and closing of factories caused to rise more unemployment.
“You make your destiny over the earth and God makes your destiny over the sky” yes natural disaster, the major cause of unemployment, can never be stopped. In 2005 Earthquake huge amount of damage done. Towers, industries sky high buildings, long bridges destroyed and thousands of people died, lots of children became orphans, people extended every possible help for affected people, The huge part of money have been served for them which has to be installed new industries, factories, to overcome unemployment.
Since last two, three years crops, Dams fruit-trees disappeared in flood, so many people became homeless, similarly employed people listed into unemployed in Pakistan because of natural disasters.
Over population is also the big cause of unemployment that is increasing with the passage of time, with respect to population Pakistan is 7th biggest country of the world. Increasing population is not being checked by the Government. A healthy family planning program has been announced but due to lack of awareness and illiteracy people do not care even they want more sons and have expectations that they will share their financial burden of their lives. But all their hopes shuttered at the time when they come to know that getting jobs in Pakistan is one of the biggest challenges for them, so unemployment increases more.
Electricity Load Shading:
Energy crisis is also the basic issue of unemployment in Pakistan. Energy plays vital role in the development of the country. Electricity can be called the blood of nation because it is not only required for the people but equally important for the industries, factories. Energy shortage works as a catalyst to increase unemployment. The people belonging to every field whether doctors, engineers, students, industrialist, labors, patients, all are affected simultaneously by the energy shortage and the foreign investors shun to investing money in different fields due to load shading. As a result, the economy collapses and unemployment goes hand in hand with the economy.
Lack of Technical Education:
The education system in Pakistan is not up to the professional standard. Students even in master and gradation level like to cram their topics. It is observed that so many students having higher degrees do not know how to perform practical, majority of educated people are skill-less even they are intelligent keep sitting and waiting at home for vacancies. When they came to know they apply for jobs, luckily fewer students are got employed and thousands of other start waiting again, they hope that next turn for them to employed but they become over-aged and keep unemployed for all time.
Solution of Unemployment in Pakistan
Under are some steps that need to be taken to overcome unemployment in Pakistan
- Firstly it is the responsibility of the police in every district to keep an eye on suspected people. They should keep connected with public and take measures to improve proper security with well check and balance.They should visit overcrowded places like Schools. Colleges, universities, Picking Points on the daily basis. People must obey all security steps to save their own nation.
- It is the duty of Government to install more industries, factories, to turn Pakistan from agriculture to the industrialized country. It would be much better if a target is set to reduce unemployment in Pakistan per year.
- Higher authorities should check every building in those areas where the maximum possibility of natural disaster. People should move from dangerous place to safe areas on the behalf of weather forecasting report.
- It is the basic responsibility of our Government to make lighter each home of the country with electricity. Shortfall should be eliminated as far as possible to the survival of industries and needs for people. They should distribute solar panel in all over the country to save electricity.
- It is surety that we face high flood in every year so higher authorities must think about constructing new dams to preserve water for the production of cheap electricity.
- Growth rate must be under controlled by taking all possible actions on the behalf of the family planning program. Media can play very important role to produce awareness about family planning.
- It is needed to improve the education system, especially to the professional level. Professors, teachers, lawyers should be trained up to the professional standard.
History is the witness that unemployment has been the main cause of downfall nations. The above-mentioned measures can be taken to eliminate unemployment in Pakistan.